Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default O/T: SawStop

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:05:29 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
I don't think so Dave. There is not much noise at all about insurance
companies driving this.

There doesn't have to be noise about it Mike, but I know it's in the
back of the minds of every business owner. As it should be if money
and/or injuries are of a possible concern.

When Robin Lee was giving me a tour of the new Toronto flagship store
a few years ago, part of that tour included the seminar rooms. When I
commented on the SawStop in one of the rooms, he commented that he'd
be adding SawStops to all his Lee Valley Tool stores.

What other reason could there be for doing this? The public and his
employees would be using this saw. It was a protective act and that's
what insurance is all about ~ protection against something
unfortunate.