Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default using 1/8" 6061 for aluminum radiator?

Larry Jaques wrote:

I've not seen any gas engines with oil coolers in the radiator before,
didn't realize they did that..

Only for about 40 years now...

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in saying what I meant...

If you've ever seen a trail of oil
curving into a driveway, it's from the auto trans lines when the rad
had been removed. If they didn't put a tube between the tranny coolant
lines, the rear pump would push tranny fluid out when the vehicle was
moved.

I've seen many of those trails, but never followed one...I used to
have a neighbor
whose car would leave about a cup's worth of ATF every time they'd
park in front
of my house - I figure that was a leaky seal,...but, anyway, I was
just commenting
on Doug's car having the engine-oil cooler mounted *inside* the
radiator, since I've
only seen that arrangement with diesel vehicles. But, since I've not
owned anything
newer than an '85, that's not saying much.

I miss my old job, had dsl there - now I'm once again banished to the
back-street environs of dialup internet...

Condolences. Remember the old BBS curse?

Beat me, whip me, make me read my mail online.

Thanks, afraid I'm not familiar with that expression, but then back in
those
days both computers and BBS were very mysterious to me. I didn't get
my
first 56K modem until they started showing up at the Goodwill store
for 2 bucks apiece.

Dialup was all I had here until I spent $1k for a Starband and DISH
system. Now I have DSL (and -no- TV) and love it.

Man, that's a chunk of change, what's it cost month to month? Any
probs with outages or forever escalating fees? I'm hoping to get
another job with DSL (TV free here, too, since about '84,
don't need no steenkin' cable either, nor can I afford it