Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick[_19_] Rick[_19_] is offline

Default using 1/8" 6061 for aluminum radiator?

"Rick" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 03:15:01 -0800 (PST), mike
wrote:

On Jan 16, 8:21 pm, DougC wrote:

That runs into even more issues.
The trans cooler is in the left-hand-side tank, and there is already a
separate oil cooler mounted on the front left-hand side of the
radiator... so the external trans cooler would have to be mounted &
plumbed all the way over to the right side.

I've not seen any gas engines with oil coolers in the radiator before,
didn't realize they did that...

My 2001 3.0 Ford Ranger has transmission cooler on the front side of the
radiator. As do most Fords to the best of my knowledge.

That's an auxiliary cooler...

I should have added "typically"....