Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default CFL blew out, literally

Fake ID wrote the following:
Lights of America, 32W base up in a desk lamp.

I heard a pop and found the two parts of that form the base separated
with the bulb dangling from a pair of internal wires, and a scorch mark
on the shade. Near the edge of the circuit board there is a DIP with
pin 6 completely gone--just a hole surrounded by black emanating to the
edge of the board. Another nearby component (whose type escapes me
94-4944 042P 2671) has scorch marks on its heat sink and a little bump
poking out of the packaging.

Uh Oh, Notify the EPA and evacuate the building and everyone within a
mile of your house.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY