Phisherman

Default Stain for pressure treated deck?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:53:33 -0500 (EST),
(NiteDawg) wrote:

Just had deck built with PTL (pine)in New Jersey......confused about
what type of stain is best.....also how long to wait before
staining.....Right now I'm leaning towards a penetrating
semi-transparent stain(oil-based?) with uv protection and
mildewcide.....planning on waiting about 4 weeks....(It's been somewhat
damp around here) Can someone recommend a certain brand?....any brand I
should stay away from?...any advice appreciated...thanks

Cabot's Decking stain comes in several colors and lasts many years.
If you see mold, mildew or algae on your neighbor's decks/houses, then
add a packet of mildewcide to the decking stain for more protection.
You want your deck to be clean and very dry before the application.
The directions say it dries in a day, but I found it was still a
little tacky--better to stay off for a few days to cure.