Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digital Replacements for Fried TVs and VCR

On Jan 16, 10:35*pm, Robert Neville wrote:
" wrote:
i don't read the LA Times and I don't know what they are talking about
and apparently neither do they. *I just typed "buy vhs tapes" into
google and apparently TDK
and Maxell are available to buy.

What was posted is that VHS tapes are no longer being manufactured. That doesn't
mean mountains of them don't exist in warehouses, Goodwill and dollar stores
around the world.

I suggest you and chaniarts go read the actual LA times
article again. While it starts off saying the last truckload
of VHS tapes is leaving the warehouse, by the end of the
article it's clear the article is actually talking about
PRE-RECORDED VHS TAPES, ie those with movies
on them. Which explains who Kugler is. He's a guy
who bought up the old movies and is selling them off
out of his warehouse.

That poorly written, misleading article was written over
3 years ago and major retailers are still obviously stocking
blank VHS tapes from many different manufacturers,
Maxell, TDK, Sony, etc.