Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: SawStop

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:19:08 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 1/16/2012 8:59 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Great. I think the saw is an excellent tool, and has a very good chance
of saving more than a finger.

Glad to hear that it is working and not firing off randomly has many
surmise.

I doubt any of them are actually being used in any serious wood fab
shops. I could false trip that junk ******* in less than an hour.

Actually, they are. Our Workman's Comp insurance carrier is
advocating their use and has managed to get a few places to switch to
them. Talking to the guy that visits our plant, he told me on one
instance of a trip where it saved a serious injury.

I'm sure you can make it false trip, but I'm sure if you were serious
about its use, you'd also prevent that from happening. I bet you can
make your airbags go off too.