Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Car battery charge via towbar 12S connector

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:30:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:

Neat trick. Was going to say what wrong with the starting handle but
then remembered the transverse engine. B-)

My dad had a Citroen GS and then a later model which I forget.
You could use the wheel change spanner as a starting handle in
both of these, and we did occasionally (damn hard work through).

Would that give any more leverage than simply using the tyre? And less
chance of that assaulting you. ;-)

Jacking up a hydro-pneumatically suspended Citroen wasn't that easy if
the floorpan was only just clearing the ground.

Of course you could start the engine, lift the suspension to its
highest setting, stick a block of wood or a prop underneath, move the
suspension to its lowest setting and the wheel(s) would lift off the
ground, but by then you wouldn't need to spin the wheel to start the
engine.