Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default O/T: SawStop

Great. I think the saw is an excellent tool, and has a very good chance
of saving more than a finger.

Glad to hear that it is working and not firing off randomly has many
surmise.

On 1/16/2012 7:15 PM, dhall987 wrote:
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:24:23 -0500,
wrote:

In ,
says...
As a school district business manager (in Pennsylvania) I always have
to wonder about these stories. I have never had an insurance agent ask
about our tablesaws. The paperwork filled out each year as we get
insurance quotes from various firms is very extensive, but that item
is NOT questioned. We did however not long ago replace our 1950s
unisaws with SawStops when we renovated our High School as that seemed
the appropriate thing to provide to a bunch of hormone driven,
inexperienced kids that we were going to have using tablesaws. Safety
is clearly an extremely important consideration in all things having
to do with a school shop program.

You are going to make the kids or their parents pay for testing the saw
stop function with a hot dog?

Well it has been a long time since I posted this and the sawstops
were purchased in or about 2008 or 2009. To my knowledge they have not
been activated even once. Certainly they have not been activated
enough to use the cartridges that came with the saws as I would have
had to approve any POs for replacements. Read into that anything you
want about the saws, the kids, the teachers and the program.