Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default Kenmore front-load washer -- 10yr status report

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 00:52:49 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

This drum is grey enamel with flecks. I have plenty of stainless steel
items that have managed to corrode for one reason or another. Surgical
scissors from Pakistan, flatware from Korea and a stainless steel sink
that's developed tiny corrosion pock marks. On the other had, some
stainless flatware I have from my parents made in the 50's is still as good
as new.

There are many alloys of "stainless steel", with varying
levels of corrosion resistance. Purity is variable, as
well.

--
croy