Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Quick recommendation: What tool for one-time cutting of inch-thick sandstone paving stones?

Chuck Banshee wrote:
I picked up about 20 inch-thick light brown odd-shaped paving stones
(which I think are sandstone) from a friend (they were sitting in a
pile when he bought the house long ago).

I want to arrange them in a narrow walkway but I would need to cut
them into desired shapes to fit.

It's a one-time effort - so I wonder 'what' tools you guys would
suggest?

Do I score them and break them or saw them with some kind of saw?

Note: I have the typical tools at home - but I've never cut rock
before.

I'd TRY a masonry blade in an angle grinder. I've used same to cut ceramic
tile. Sandstone is a lot softer.

Obligatory cautions:
Be sure to wear ear, eye, nose, and throat protection. Douse all open
flames. Wear gloves and make sure the outlet is grounded.