Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Round table edge protector

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

At church, we have 25 round tables, with folding legs. The edges are
getting beat up, from being rolled to and fro. Table about 5 feet
diameter, edge is maybe 1 1/2 inches wide. I'm thinking there has to
be some way to patch this. I did think of duct tape, but that would
look a bit off, for a church.

Is there already trim around the table perimeter? If so, can you pull some
away and see if there's a groove cut into the perimeter wood?

If there is already a groove, then you can just pull out the old edging and
replace it with new stuff. It's called "table edging"; it's usually sold by
the roll. I'm thinking Lee Valley or Ou****er. Maybe even HD or Lowe's.
Google or phone around.

--
Tegger