Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Quick recommendation: What tool for one-time cutting of inch-thicksandstone paving stones?

I picked up about 20 inch-thick light brown odd-shaped paving stones
(which I think are sandstone) from a friend (they were sitting in a pile
when he bought the house long ago).

I want to arrange them in a narrow walkway but I would need to cut them
into desired shapes to fit.

It's a one-time effort - so I wonder 'what' tools you guys would suggest?

Do I score them and break them or saw them with some kind of saw?

Note: I have the typical tools at home - but I've never cut rock before.