Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gypsy business scammers

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:20:24 -0800, "azotic" wrote:

At this point I was pretty aware that this is a suspicious situation,
they look like Gypsies, have a Gypsy accent, and act like Gypsies too,
trying to get the foot in the door, so I gently suggested that they
seek business elsewhere.

I was wondering if this is a unique experience or someone else has
seen that sort of thing.

thanks

Expect regular visits, they came around my place 35 years ago.
Claimed they were native americans looking for bits of scrap
metal for thier crafts business. Got a burgular alarm yet? They
were scoping you out for a hit.

Best Regards
Tom.
--

Indeed they were. If you see them again..write down the vehicle
description and the tag number along with the time and date. Each time

Next time they come by..take your digital camera and make a point of
taking photos of them AND their truck..and make sure they see you doing
it. Then put the photos on a server somewhere out of the shop.

If..if you then have a burglary..give the photos to the cops with an
explaination and times and dates of their visits

You may not get nailed if they know you have been keeping tabs and
photos of them.

Or you might.

Shrug

Gunner