Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default When Replacing A Breaker Panel, Would You Do this?

In article ,
Juan Deere wrote:

On 1/15/2012 12:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"There are 3 sizes of wires. The smaller wires go to the 15A breakers,
the mid-size wires go to the 20A breakers and the largest wires go to
the 30A breaker."

Doesn't this seem to be an oversimplified, possibly dangerous, method?

LOL. I saw the show and thought the same thing.

But on the other hand, was the customer willing to pay extra to have the
electrician pull every outlet, switch and fixture in the entire house to
make sure the proper sized wire was used on each circuit?

I was assuming that they would do it this way, go through and switch
each one on and off to see what it really did (for labeling) and then
change things if this indicated it was needed.

Of course, the safest fix would be to rip out all the old wiring and
replace it with new.