Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default GE Icemaker

On Jan 14, 2:57*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:50:05 -0800 (PST), B
wrote:

I have a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer that is about 6 years
old. *Yesterday the ice maker stopped working. *Usually I can hear
when it "calls" for water after dumping the ice cubes, but it is no
longer doing that. *It has just stopped making cubes. *Before I call
for service, I'd like to try to fix it myself, but I've never really
done anything like this. *Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong
and what I could do to try and fix this myself? *I'm getting water
thru the water dispenser, it just seems that there is no water going
to the ice maker. *Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does the GE have replaceable filter for ice/water? *My Fridgidaire
stopped making ice. Replaced the filter and all was well.

YMMV

I vote its a failed solenoid valve, check for power at valve, to help
diagnose