Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default California to slay the vampire

On Jan 13, 6:08*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"California's cellphones, tablet computers, power tools and hundreds of
other portable electronic devices will be required to have energy-stingy
battery chargers beginning next year. The California Energy Commission, by a
3-0 vote Thursday, approved first-in-the-nation efficiency standards
designed to drive stakes through the hearts of about 170 million so-called
vampire charging systems that waste as much as 60% of the electricity they
suck from outlets."

"The regulations... are expected to save enough electricity to power 350,000
homes, equivalent to a city the size of Bakersfield."

In my view, Californians would be better off to eliminate Bakersfield. If
you've ever been there, you know what I mean.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...ia-regulates-e...

feds should create some standards for voltage and current, to minimize
all the clutter