Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Panasonic Inverter Microwave NN-SD-997S ...........

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

Our latest business involves the wife working during the evening, so
it's pretty much down to me to decide what to eat for an evening meal,
and how to prepare it. I've virtually abandoned the microwave, and
gone back to simple honest cooking in the oven and on the stovetop,
using fresh ingredients. It's cheaper than frozen meals, and tastes
sooooo much better. For instance, we had been using pretty much
exclusively microwave rice packets. To be honest, they might as well
have contained bleached and de-flavoured mouse turds. I have now gone
back to boiling my own rice, bought for a fraction of the cost of the
packet stuff - I am actually using a local store's 'budget' range. It
takes but a few minutes to cook, and you can even smell it. I had
forgotten how good rice smells when it is cooked, and how much
intrinsic flavour it has, before you start adding any other
ingredients to the mix. It also fries better than the packet stuff,
and doesn't stick to the pan.

Apart from heating up a can of soup, I think that I can now pretty
much live without using the thing at all, and am probably healthier
for it.

Arfa

I've been trying to find a decent MW rice cooker with no success.
I tried a Nordic Ware pot,but it requires soaking the rice for quite a
while and still not cooking the rice right.

what I really want is a MW pressure cooker,with a locking top and pop-off
safety valve.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik