Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default California to slay the vampire

Without any data to back me up, I venture that the chargers are not the
biggest culprits. Every thing you own that has a remote control as a feature
represents a larger device that is sucking up power in its standby
state.Think about TVs, receivers, ceiling fans, CD players, recorders, set
top boxes etc.

And then there are clocks of all kinds on microwave ovens, regular ovens,
clocks (including alarm and radio) and computers that are set to wake up on
call or LAN.

Anyway, you get the idea. Do your own count around the house.

Charlie

Yes that is likely to be so. Also, lots of people I know leave their
computer(s) permanently on.