Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT The American worker's revolution.

On Jan 14, 3:31*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
I hear cops have had big pay rises to "buy" their loyalty.

I used to be a cop. In the main, no one joins (or stays with) the police
force because of the pay. Cops are just your average citizen who likes to
hassle hippies.

Really, cops are like Boy Scouts with guns. Think about it: cops seldom see
the perpetrator, but they ALWAYS see the victim! As a cop, if you've made
one residence burglary report, a stolen car report, or worked an armed
robbery, you've done them all. They are interchangeable.

But to the victim of burglary or a robbery, the event is often
life-changing. Holding the victim's hand, listening to them vent, offering
the support along the lines of "If it was up to me, I'd loan you my gun",
all help them return to something approaching normal.

I avoided telling people I was a cop. Instead I offered: "I'm in solid waste
disposal."

So they hassle hippies. How about catching criminals?
But I suppose hassling hippies is less dangerous.