Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mouse[_4_] Mouse[_4_] is offline

Default Brass in cooking???

On 1/14/2012 6:48 AM, wrote:

Having thought about it for a while,. I think I exaggerated things. I
still wouldn't recommend it. My worry would be leaching from the hot
rod and possible metallic tastes. I'm not sure if the lead in leaded
brass would be a problem either. It does make me wonder about what's
in the brass plumbing fittings from China.
Karl

When I replaced the faucet fixture in my kitchen sink the instructions
said to run the water briefly to flush the residual water from it
because of leaching from the brass.... A Koehler, don't think it was
made in China....
--
:3 )~