Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Component level repair and desoldering

In article ,
Alan wrote:
Initially this was supposed to be due to a supply of dodgy caps made
with a stolen (but incomplete) electrolyte formula. However the
problems seem to have endured far longer than that alone would explain!

A greater use of switching supplies or it could be taking
miniaturisation one step too far?

The first SMPS I came across on a domestic product was in a VHS, and the
caps on that failed. It was made by Panasonic. so I'd guess they didn't
buy in dodgy caps.

--
*Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away! *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.