Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC Adapter Plague

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:52:05 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

use the fiberglass reinforced discs,or the heavy-duty discs.

I'll look into those. Sounds interesting.

You can also find small diameter sawblades for the Dremel,very thin kerf.

Bad idea. I tried those. If I just lightly hit the transformer or
shield inside a typical laptop power supply, the blade becomes
instantly dull. One mistake and it's time to buy a new saw blade. No
thanks.

checking under labels for screws is the first thing I do,although I hate
messing up the labels.

That's why I usually don't check first.

Oh,and instead of a hacksaw,try a X-acto "razor" saw,they have blades with
very fine kerfs,fits into a large X-acto handle. Hobby stores should have
them,there's 3 different blades,with various teeth/inch.

Hmmm... I haven't tried those. Looks promising.
http://www.xacto.com/Product/X75300

I did try a narrow coping saw. It worked but the blade was too easily
bent into an arc. A hack saw blade won't do that.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS