Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Karl -- Bought a semi tractor Ford L9000

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:01:11 -0600, Ignoramus16789

On 2012-01-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:59:55 -0600, Ignoramus13479

On 2012-01-13, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:21:17 -0600, Ignoramus13479

On 2012-01-12, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 06:14:07 -0600, Ignoramus13479

On 2012-01-12,
wrote:
Who insures your building? Who carries your company liability
insurance (you DO have commercial insurance, I assume????)

I was too busy to get it, I do not have building or liability
insurance yet. I will try to get something soon.

I hope you are not letting ANYONE in that building or on the land
around it then. Insurance is a MAJOR priority. If you are "too
busy" I hope you are also VERY RICH.

I agree. I will call around today or tomorrow.

Very good idea. Call today, especially now that you broadcast it to
the world when you posted that you're uninsured. There are sneaky and
underhanded people out there, Ig.

I would think that they would seek out an insured person, rather.

That said, all that people do in my building is walk in and pick up
their goods.

And one slip, perhaps in the icy parking lot, could bankrupt you if
they're the wrong person.

They will take everything YOU have if there are no deeper pockets
involved.

I hear a lot of this stuff. I do not really believe it. Take
everything I have for a broken ankle? Occurring in a building where
public is not invited? Give me a break.

Nobody ever called lawyers and the law especially fair, did they?
Google "fake accidents" or "jury awards huge" or "sending a message"
and cry.

My understanding of this is that lawyers always ask for the sky, but
awards are reduced on appeals if they are given at all.

Yes, they want a million, ask for twelve million, and it's reduced to
1.5 million on appeal. sigh Not all awards are reduced, though.

I did study business law 12 years ago.

Ditto, um, 36 years ago. Back then, the interest rates on current
credit cards were known as "usury."

I am not totally clueless when
it comes to that stuff and I also know how to use google. The media
makes a sensation out of every bull**** lawsuit, but in the end the
law works not quite as badly as it may seem.

While the law -usually- works out well, far more hiccups are happening
nowadays. I sure as hell don't want to be victim to one. Do you?

I am not inviting general public into my building, my duty of care is
quite limited, and fake accidents are therefore unlikely.

You're far more complacent than I would be in your situation. Hey,
it's only a grand or so (My $500k liability costs $750/yr) and it's
tax deductible for the business.

--
Make awkward sexual advances, not war.