Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Courtney David Courtney is offline

Default 10 HP Carburator Conumdrum

"JR North" wrote in message
diainc...
Have a 10HP Tecumseh engine powered project going.. I need to have a full
range, throttleable carb, but all I can find are governor type WOT carbs
for this engine size. These don't have adjustable needle valves or jets. I
don't need to have a Tecumseh-any model will do and I can adapt it as req.
Mower shops are no joy-they just want to order a carb for the engine
model#- no imagination there. Any ideas?
JR

I have a 10hp Tecumseh with a governor that's fully "throttle-able"
from idle up to WOT... the governor just keeps it from running over 3600rpm
(or whatever rpm you set up the governor to run at.)
On a generator they're usually set to run "at 3600 rpm" because the
"throttle" is fixed at WOT... but the same motor on a lawn tractor will have
a moveable cable throttle so you can run from idle to WOT.