Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Karl -- Bought a semi tractor Ford L9000

On 1/13/2012 10:01 AM, Ignoramus16789 wrote:

My understanding of this is that lawyers always ask for the sky, but
awards are reduced on appeals if they are given at all.

I did study business law 12 years ago. I am not totally clueless when
it comes to that stuff and I also know how to use google. The media
makes a sensation out of every bull**** lawsuit, but in the end the
law works not quite as badly as it may seem.

I am not inviting general public into my building, my duty of care is
quite limited, and fake accidents are therefore unlikely.

The problem with that logic is that you may go broke defending same and
there's certainly no guarantee either a judge will set aside a nonsense
award or that you'll win on appeal, either.