Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16789 Ignoramus16789 is offline

Default Karl -- Bought a semi tractor Ford L9000

On 2012-01-13, dpb wrote:
On 1/13/2012 9:06 AM, dpb wrote:

If he doesn't follow thru on the above and continues to believe it
doesn't happen and can't happen to him Iggy truly does deserve his
usenet moniker...

And, one recent anecdote to indicate that it isn't all _that_ unlikely
for something to trigger a look-see other than an accident on-site.

In these times of short budgets at all levels, states and local entities
are looking for "revenue enhancement" by enforcement in any place they
can think of.

As I've indicated before, we're located in a pretty rural, remote area
of SW KS, far from the populous NE. One fella' w/ whom I have coffee
most mornings got a summons from the State of NY for a relatively minor
traffic citation received when they visited their some 10 or longer
_years_ ago that he had ignored figuring they'd never follow up.

They have been "mining" their databases and chasing down every old
ticket from as long as 20 years ago it appears and have reciprocity
agreements w/ most states that if don't ante up they can make those
ancient "points" show up on driving record thus affecting insurance
rates, license renewal, etc., etc., etc., ...

The moral of the story is that the tax folks at all levels are doing the
same and so it'll be difficult to stay totally off radar if even one
little discrepancy gets flagged in the 'puters somewhere. And, it's at
least possible to get forgiveness in cases of unintentional
neglect/oversight not doing the right things by intent is very bad.

As another pointed out, the risk is directly proportional to what you
have to lose--if this is all being done on borrowed cash and you're
living in a beater of a car and don't have anything else of any value,
then you're not at much risk of losing much. OTOH, if you mortgaged the
house and borrowed on the collateral of a retirement account, etc.,
etc., etc., then it's pretty scary.

I cannot see what exactly your story is illustrating, in relation to
my building liability.