Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Taking a slice off the top of a joist

Cash wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Cash wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:52 -0800 (PST), GMM wrote:

I thought of putting a circular saw on its side and running it
along but that
doesn't look very feasible.
Any suggestions chaps?

Well I would cut several strips of ply the depth of the joist and
screw + glue them on either side so the tops are at the finished
height. Then I would get a hand saw and lie it across the ply and
saw the top
off. Stager the joints in the ply and use it as the reinforcement.

Dennis,

It's rare for me to openly contradict another poster here, but with
all due respects, I think you really are talking through your hat!

Of all the posters to choose from you had to choose dennis:-)

I like to live dangerously sometimes Adam - and that's about as
dangerous as I can get these days. ROTFL

And taking on harry at the same time?

--
Adam