BillR

Default Power supply repair (Sun)

John wrote:
Slightly OT but certainly in the DIY realms ......
We have a Sun Fire V100 with a dead power supply (outside of
warranty). The Sun resellers report that we cannot buy a replacement
one as Sun do not offer one. Instead we would have to get a Sun
engineer to come out and replace it (and would cost an absolute
fortune).
Does anyone know if there is a way of reparing these units?. We`ve
had the lid off the PSU and noticed there is a fuse hardwired to the
board next to the mains stepdown transformer- anyone know what rating
this would be or if there are any other components we should be
checking ?

John

Chuck it out and use Linux on a old 486