Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Elmer's Wood Glue Max

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 07:14:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In another thread the term "assault" takes on a totally different
meaning where the "law" is concerned. Look the word up in the
dictionary and it is described as you and I learned, to do physical
harm to to some one.

The problem is that words like assault can take on a number of other
meanings. Take verbal assault for example. If can be mentally damaging
if it is prolonged enough and severe enough. One might argue that an
adult should have enough common sense to know better than to be
injured by a verbal assault, but what if it was an adult verbally
assaulting a child? Not having enough 'life' experience knowing how to
handle such an onslaught, a child can experience severe emotional
trauma. To me, that is as bad as any physical assault.

To me Dave, a lot - no... most of that mental stuff is so much garbage. Not
that I condone verbal onslaughts, but come on - we all grew up with this
kind of thing when life was a different way. It did not permanantly harm us
or turn us into "something". The most of what this stuff is about is the
modern day psychology that tries to convince us that all of these
irreparable harms will occur. Like lawyers, the field of psychology is
filled with those who promote their own agenda, for their own well being.
Our society has become too focused on harms that multiple generations before
us survived just fine. Maybe if we didn't pamper ourselves so damned
much...

--

-Mike-