Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default After all that - I just realized the Nintendo Wii doesn't havean ethernet port!

On 01/12/2012 06:44 PM, Chuck Banshee wrote:
Recently I wired a WISP antenna/radio to the key rooms of the house with
a star network based mostly on your help.

Guess what I found out today when I went to plug in the kid's game room
Nintendo Wii to the newly wired Ethernet jack?

The Wii doesn't have an Ethernet port! Sigh.

(Note: Apparently I 'could' add an Ethernet adapter to the Wii itself,
but for now, I think I'll just start researching what new router to buy
so that the old (Linksys WRT54G) router can become a WiFi extender
plugged into the newly wired game room wall jack!)

I have yet to find a better home wireless router than the WRT54GL
(that's the one that I have that you can flash with DD-WRT etc. You
might be able to do the same with yours depending on production
date/exact model.) I've tried various wireless-N/gigabit routers both
Linksys/Cisco and Netgear and honestly, I can't tell the difference in
speed and the old "blue box" just keeps on going whereas the other ones
seem to brick themselves after a year or two. I say stick with what
works, just get another one. If I ever set up a wired home network I
will probably use a good Cisco rack-mount switch and keep the blue box
for wireless. I hate having to replace stuff after only a short period
of service.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.