Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Turning on Hold

On 01/11/2012 09:12 PM, coffelt2 wrote:
. I pretty much have to stick to the Jet motor because of the design of
this model but I will look into a reversing switch. Jim

Just get in the habit of turning the speed down before reversing. Then
slowly bringing the speed back up. Usually my chucks are on really
tight so don't spin off, but sometimes they do. I usually have a
tailstock up when that happens though so the piece can't really go anywhere.

After you've had reverse for a while you'll wonder how you ever got on
w/o it...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller