Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:43:21 +0000, alexd wrote:

Knowing a MAC isn't the same as knowing precisely what a device is, but
lets you make some good guesses as to the manufacturer.

I'm still pouring over the missive from miso as it contains (probably
too) much technical detail for me to get started ... so that's why I
haven't replied to him yet ...

But, as for the MAC address, for that very reason, I always change the
MAC address of my devices when I can. Unfortunately, the Bullet M2 radio
cannot change the MAC address in bridge mode. It 'can' spoof its MAC
address in router mode ... so that's yet another reason for wanting my
antenna radio to be in router mode.

To miso: I'm still working on the wonderful details you provided prior
for setting up a stronger antenna on my minimal laptop (probably should
be the subject of another thread anyway).

Thanks all!