Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Elmer's Wood Glue Max

On 1/12/2012 9:54 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/12/2012 7:14 AM, Leon wrote:

It is truly unfortunate that our society has become conditioned/forced
to accept false representation with "special club" explanations.

Hey, Bubba, 88% of the population of HISD is a "minority", you voted for
"change", that old "pound" bag of coffee is now 10 oz, that rug company
is "going out of business", that $30/mo cell phone is actually $75/mo,
that "meat" in your TV dinner is really gravy, ad infinitum ...

Oh yeah, and the Federal Law is clear and concise:

"....in determining whether an advertisement is misleading, there shall
be taken into account (among other things) not only representations made
or suggested by statement, word, design, device, sound, or any
combination thereof, but also the extent to which the advertisement
fails to reveal facts material in the light of such representations or
material with respect to consequences which may result from the use of
the commodity to which the advertisement relates under the conditions
prescribed in said advertisement, or under such conditions as are
customary or usual."

Simply put, the picture of that double meat cheeseburger on the wall,
upon which you make your decision to buy, does not have to look anything
like what you get, and the what is supposedly "meat" and "cheese" is
defined by the corporate seller.

Got that?

Even the "Toddlers with Tiaras" crowd are not stupid enough to put up
with that when buying a car, but all bets are off about what they will
put in their mouths based on advertising ... (well, that may be a bit
too lenient on that disgusting bunch)

Just a few more areas where the permeating grip of the asshat lawyers
have on every aspect of this culture will eventually choke it to "death"
(yep, the _legal_ definition of even that is up for grabs).

Yes, Virginia, we really are collectively that stupid ...

You know, I did not vote for any of them. ;~)
And as I mentioned earlier the more we change things for the dumb the
more dumb our society becomes.