Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Karl -- Bought a semi tractor Ford L9000

dpb wrote:

On 1/12/2012 8:19 AM, Pete C. wrote:
Ignoramus13479 wrote:

Well, I do not know if this is comparable, they are using it daily and
it is driven by people who do not know how to drive it.

Yes, but the point is it likely won't be cheap regardless, and you will
have to work carefully to get the agent to understand your actual
limited use without getting them confused. You're moving off lots of
equipment from auctions to your shop a few times a month mostly I'd
think, probably well under 5,000mi/mo. If you do any delivery of the
larger machines I think that will expose you to much greater liability
and thus higher costs, vs. just bringing stuff you've purchased to your
shop.

Indeed, and it's unlikely they'll care (much). I took an old small farm
truck back to TN years ago to make trips to/from the sawmills just as
individual, not business. There was no one I could find in the entire
state that would insure it as just a personal vehicle even though the
weight and length were within those of a current dually PU; it had a
grain bed and lift and as soon as they saw it it was "commercial". At
that point, nothing else mattered; it might as well as had a 40k rating
as the 8k KS farm tag.

Lots of luck to Iggy on finding somebody with a little compassion on the
little guy.

--

When I get a semi for my personal use, I'm going to get the biggest
sleeper cab I can find, upgrade it to a full camper and register it as