Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Elmer's Wood Glue Max

On 1/11/2012 8:20 PM, Nova wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:47:56 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/11/2012 2:10 PM, dpb wrote:

But, indeed, it is not a test for and does not claim to be "waterproof"
as for continuous exposure. It covers stuff like structural ply, etc.,
that may be exposed during construction and the like so that it won't
delaminate between the time the subfloor goes down and the final roof
goes on or the like where there may be weather in between.

If you bought a rain coat that said water proof, would you expect it to
eventually melt in the rain? LOL

No, but if I bought a rain coat I wouldn't expect it to keep me dry if
I jumped in a lake.

But hey Jack, it still is not melting. Water proof glue is not going
to keep the wood dry it should however never fail with any type
application of water.

Glue that is labeled water proof should be hummmmmm "water proof", not
just water resistant.