Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Save the whales! Or the Christians?

On 1/11/2012 9:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd have to do some research, but I'm fairly sure at leat a couple of the
Christian prophets have given the "repent or suffer" command. I've got a
fuzzy memory of the Utah saints having dry weather. The prophet revealed if
they paid an honest tithing, the Lord would bring rain.

That kind of thing. Has to be at least one or two others I can't remember
off hand.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message
m...

I agree. Consider the word "prophet." In the Jewish world, a prophet
(sometimes spelled "profit") is one who predicts what might happen. Further,
all prophecy is conditional - it may or may not happen. The prime example of
this is when a whale burped up a bleached Johnah who prophesied "Repent, or
in forty days... I don't even want to think about it!" The people of Nineveh
straightened up and everybody lived happily ever after.

In the Christian tradition, a prophet is a soothsayer, one who asserts that
a future event will take place and all your king's horses and all your
king's men can't do anything about it!

there was the oral roberts fiasco. Send your dollars to me, or God will
call me home. and the robots sent the money. What better proof would
there have been , than if he would have died?

--
Steve Barker