Posted to alt.home.repair
JimCo JimCo is offline

Default recommendations for electronics how to

On Jan 10, 2:47*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

Ok, maybe this is a loaded question and because I can't articulate
just how much or little (probably more accurate) I know about
electronics, what's a good book to learn for a beginner? *I want to
learn so I understand how to use my future dmm better.

Start with the ABC's. *Books are written from things that all come down to
the ABC's. *Go to the local library and look for the simplest books you can
find. *You won't understand 3 phase wiring until you understand E=I/R..
Voltage, resistance, amperage, direct current, alternating current, and it
builds on those basic building blocks. *There are no shortcuts, unless you
want to be like some union electricians who understand low voltage light
systems to the nth degree, yet can't explain what a home run is. *Or how to
wire a room with multiple switches. *You may concentrate on any area, but
you have to grasp the fundamentals, and then it goes from there.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

Steve

The last time I looked, it was I=E/R. Has Ohm's law suddenly become
Ohmigosh's law? ; - )
JimCo