Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default recommendations for electronics how to

On Jan 10, 7:34*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:58*pm, Sjouke Burry s@b wrote:

"Doug" wrote :

Ok, maybe this is a loaded question and because I can't articulate
just how much or little (probably more accurate) I know about
electronics, what's a good book to learn for a beginner? *I want to
learn so I understand how to use my future dmm better.

google for:
Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series

That is a very readable Navy course for recruits,
and it is nicely compartmented on subjects.

And it is free.

The Navy series is an excellent starting point.

The idea of the local ham club is very good. They will They will teach
you everything you need to use your DMM for adjusting your new radio
and getting on the air.
If you can teach yourself with little or no external help try "Teach
Yourself Electricity and Electronics, Fourth Edition by Stan
Gibilisco"