Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default recommendations for electronics how to

Joe wrote:
On Jan 10, 11:27 am, "Doug" wrote:
Ok, maybe this is a loaded question and because I can't articulate
just how much or little (probably more accurate) I know about
electronics, what's a good book to learn for a beginner? I want to
learn so I understand how to use my future dmm better.

Where can you find the most books of any type? Your local library,
that's where. And there are intelligent people there to help you
cruise the possibilities.

Don't be absurd. Libraries are no longer repositories of knowledge, but they
do have video games, art work, puppets, puzzles, historical romances,
paperbacks (leave two, take two), and so on. There's even a public library
in Berkeley that will loan out TOOLS (saws, scaffolding, pressure washers,
post-hole diggers, etc.). Don't believe me? Sashay down to your local
library and ask for the Congressional Record or the Federal Register,
Marquis Who's Who, Encyclopedia Judaica, the CRC Handbook, or more.

My last visit to the library was to get my passport renewed! WTF?

No, most libraries should be shut down, burnt, and the ashes scattered. Take
no chances.

FWIW, too many libraries these days are underused by the taxpayers
that support them. The internet is not the be all and end all of
information, and often is too indiscriminating as a way of solving an
information problem. IMO, what you need is right there in your
library.

My point exactly. Underused? Then abolish them.