Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_23_] Josepi[_23_] is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

If you didn't hold him down, for that purpose, would he be still alive?

-------------
"HeyBub" wrote in message
If I have no knowledge he had a gun, there's no foul. If I knew he had a
gun, but, again, had no information that he intended to use it in an illegal
manner, also no foul.

If I knew he had a gun and intended to shoot somebody and I went along to
try and dissuade that action, no foul.

If I knew in advance that my buddy intended to commit an illegal act and I
went along to assist in some way, I'm equally guilty of any offense my buddy
commits. My assistance can be quite passive, such as a look-out, driving the
getaway car, or anything tending to make a success of my buddy's escapade.

Let's take a simply example: If I hold the victim down while my buddy stabs
him 18 times thereby ending the victim's life, should I be responsible only
for simple assault? After all, I didn't do any stabbing.