Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT? Home weather station, anybody?

On 2012-01-10, wrote:

as the elevator and Butler bin are in between. Amazing w/ all the area
out here there doesn't seem a good place to put it...

I think whatever you can do is good enough. Micro climates being what
they are, jes measure what you have and want to see. Definitely
locate the anemometer in the most optimum wind location, wherever the felt
wind is the most prominent.

Well, depends on what you want. I see no point in it at all unless
values are at least reasonably accurate. We had 30-40 sustained gusts
to 60+ last Saturday and in the location it is sitting it registered
only in the 20's on average w/ one gust of 59 mph.

The wind was from the NW and while I figured was going to be far enough
from barn and silo to not be shielded too much, either it was or the
anemometer isn't up to W KS (altho is supposed rated to 100+ mph).

So, I'm going to at least try it some other place(s)...

BTW, for some reason the Wunderground link has survived overnight now
for some reason...guess we'll see how it does for a while.

I sent query to Davis time synch'ing and how they recommend
accomplishing same and why don't use a time-server in the firmware to do
it. See if they respond w/ anything useful in addition.