Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in news:je43nq$7lg$2
@dont-email.me:

On 1/5/2012 4:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 02:25:32 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I belong to a German group. We meet once a month, Tomorrow in fact.
Only German is allowed to be spoken. We only have two real Germans.
I have a good German accent& reasonable vocabulary but my grammar is
poor.
Most of the Krauts seem to speak English anyway which doesn't help
when learning German..
I think to improve I would need total immersion.

I speak enough Spanish to get by plus a smattering of French and
Arabic.

With such a large area of only English speaking, a second language is
rarely needed in the US. Europe is much more advanced linguistically.
Travel just a few miles and you are in another country and another
language. My grandfather spoke 7 when he came to this country.

Fortunately, many European schools teach English, thus making it easy
for tourists from here. Helps to know a few words of the native
language though.

All the swear words? ^_^

Just remember, when ordering accompaniments to your toast in French,
don't order "preservatives", but "confiture".

Preservatives = rubbers

LOL
Not surprised you would order "preservative" instead of jam.