Rob

Default How to build platform to raise a home entertainment center

Without seeing exactly what you are talking about makes it difficult but
from what I visualize in my head, I think you could build it out of most any
hardwood and plywood. I would build the box part of out of hardwood and
inset a plywood base with dadoes or rabbets for the tower to sit on. If it
is really large, I might add a foot in the middle of the plywood. I would
paint, stain, or otherwise cover it so that it looks like part of the
original unit. 265 lbs on top of a hardwood platform should not be a
problem.

"Lou V" wrote in message
Didn't realize my name was not set up on my newsreader.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

Lou V.

"inetnews.worldnet.att.net" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just hoped to get some guidance on this project. I have a plasma tv

mounted
on the wall over a fireplace. I would like to purchase a home

entertainment
center that includes two towers that will go on either side of the

fireplace
and plasma. The two towers are connected by a light bridge which will

sit
over the plasma. The problem is that due to the height of the

fireplace,
the light bridge will not clear over the plasma. So I need to raise the

two
towers about 3 inches. I know I can get a custom made version of it but

really love everything about this entertainment center and the price is
right.

I would like to build wood platforms to raise the towers. The towers

weigh
265 lbs. How would I build this platform to make it sturdy and what

kind
of
wood should I use? Also, since I will be able to see the platform,

would
cover the exposed portions of it with formica or some other material?

Thanks
in advance for any pointers.