Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Front Door Chime wiring

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:56:25 -0600, "Doug"
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:33:29 -0500, RBM wrote:

On 1/9/2012 1:59 PM, Doug wrote:
Along the lines of my previous posts, if I can't clean it up to make
it work in place, I might take it home to work upon and then reinstall
if I can make it work. I don't know the exact model but it's a wired
Nutone (recent vintage) door chime. Nothing fancy just consider it
builder's grade. That said, anyone know the wire gage these things
get wired? What I have in mind is to extend the wires from my own
door chime at home to the floor so I can work upon the one in need of
repair. I know it's a light gage (fine) ... just not sure how crucial
it is to match so I can extend and work from the floor.

I don't believe that there is any repairable, replaceable, part on a
basic Nutone chime. It really makes no sense to remove it from it's
current location for testing, as you have everything you need right
there. The only practical reason to remove it, is to replace it with
another chime

I was thinking of cleaning the plunger if that'll make it work before
replacing. Possible on this Nutone?

YES - as I've said many times. It CAN be cleaned if it is not working
because of dirt. How many times does it need to be confirmed?????