Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Just curious if you have experience with pouring boiling waterinto glass jars?

On 1/9/2012 9:32 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
On Jan 8, 7:12 pm, John wrote:
...snip...
The neat thing about tempered glass is that when it does break it breaks
into small pieces which are unlikely to cause a fatal injury. OTOH,
true Pyrex (r) will, when broken, generate good sized slithers.

The types of lawsuits generated by broken tempered glass are as in the
noise as compared to that generated by broken soda-lime glass.

Watch out for broken tempered glass! While external to the vehicle, I
had a front windshield shatter, in moving about the vehicle to
retrieve items on the front seat, I gently brushed my back against the
shattered widnshield. I did NOT even feel the small shards cut through
my shirt and down into flesh until someone pointed out the blood
running down my back. So yes, not fatal, but still as sharp as a
scalpel.

windshields aren't tempered.

i have buckets of chunks of tempered glass. i can run my hands through
them without any cuts.