Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner

On 1/7/2012 11:50 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In articleB4CdnQTXPcb9w5XSnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@giganews. com,
Jack wrote:

On 1/7/2012 9:27 AM, Home Guy wrote:
This is how you're loosing your liberty in the USA.

One piece of ID at a time.

====================================

New Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner
January 5, 2012 6:34 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) * A new state law requires those who buy drain cleaners
and other caustic substances to provide photo identification and sign a
log.

Last fall I had to show ID to buy a bottle of Marine Formula STA-BIL at
a Walmart here in Michigan.

Ironically, I have to buy the STA-BIL to try and counteract the ****ing
ethanol the government forces refiners to put in gasoline.

Government stupidity is out of control here.

Yeha and it always works so well. I mean having to show ID to buy
Sudafed has solved that meth problem.

I initially assumed the meth problem was the reason for this
restriction on drain cleaner, since that is another chemical that is
commonly used to make meth.

Back when I worked for a seed company, we used to sell 50 lb and 100
lb sacks of ammonium nitrate to whoever came in and asked for it. We'd
joke about how it could be used to make bombs. Thanks to Tim McVeigh
and his fellow terrorists, several states imposed restrictions on its
sale, and the feds have been moving to do the same.

OTOH, it's perfectly legal in my state to purchase syringes without a
prescription, but that hasn't stopped Walgreens and a couple other
chains from arbitrarily setting their own rules requiring a
prescription before they'll sell them. When they pulled that on me, I
asked why their company decided to regulate syringe sales when the
gov't said they didn't have to. They just shrugged, I just took my
business to the competition across the street, who had no issues about
selling me a legal product.