Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Square holes?

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Bought a new oven and it has a rotisserie. Tried it a couple of times
and the thing works great, -- but -- it is a major pain in the butt
trying to get stuff loaded up on the rod so that it turns evenly.
Especially when one end of a chicken is a giant cavity!

Sooo, I am open to *practical* suggestions for alternative chicken-
holding (and other food, did a great pork loin last night) devices
for mounting on the rod, which is then the basis for the question.

Any inexpensive ways for making square holes? 1/4" x 1/4" to be exact.
Current thinking is to just use a round rod and machine the square on
the drive end. But then how do I stop the "prongs" from rotating
around a round rod. There is a reason they used a square rod. {grin}

Suggest tie the chicken closed with cotton butcher's twine--also it's a good idea to truss the legs and secure both them and the wings onto the carcass or they will overcook in addition throwing the whole mess off balance.

http://www.enjoy-how-to-cook.com/truss-chicken.html