Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ted frater ted frater is offline

Default Jewelry question..Titanium or tungsten rings?

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Not..not a bad idea. But most carbide endmills are pretty fragile...they
dont have nickle as an alloy, as I recall

Ill ponder on that one. I have access to large (busted) carbide endmills
occasionally and can come up with the stock.

Gunner

Then again the carbide in masonry bits, rock drills and log skidder saws is
pretty tough.

jsw

TC is a great material for all sorts of tough jobs,
BUT
will someone correct me if im wrong,?
isnt this material made by powder technology then sintred ? to shape?
then ground with diamond to set the cutting angles
so if youve a suitable sized piece to make a ring how are you going to
machine it?
the only thing harder is diamond.
This material is a bit outside of my tech field.

Ted.