Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phases 6 wires - THE ANSWER

Consider those as drive three phase and the other three are sense.
Sense is often taken in and the speed is controlled in this feedback mode.

Martin

On 1/8/2012 11:27 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 7, 6:12 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:

onnect to 3 connections on the VFD?

Ok... I got it figured out. Mostly... Its got an independent fan motor.
Doh!
It has six primary leads because there are two motors.

I suspect the 2 smallish brown wires are a thermal sensor. Not sure I
can
test it except maybe... to wire up the motor and not the fan motor. LOL.

Life just got easier... if the motor works now.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for posting the answer.

Dan

What annoys me is I pulled the back cover (it was dented) to check the
condition of the fan, and it was sitting right there in front of me the
whole time. Its just not what I was expecting to see.... so I didn't see
it. I looked in the housing afterwards and I could see three wires going
to the fan and three going down to the lower windings. GACK!